Last modified: January 31, 2022
Information You Voluntarily Provide Company
You may use the Site anonymously without providing Company with any information about yourself.
Company only collects personally identifiable information that you voluntarily provide, such as: (i) when you request Company to contact you by providing your name, email address and phone number through any “Contact Us” tab on the Site, (ii) when you provide your name, email address and phone number through any registration process on the Site, (iii) purchase any product or service from the Site; (iv) register for or attend an Event; or (v) in connection with other activities, services, features or resources Company makes available on the Site from time to time. You may decline to supply personally identifiable information when using the Site, however this may prevent you from engaging in certain Site related activities or utilizing certain resources on the Site.
When you register for, attend or participate in an Event, Company may collect information about you, including your name, email address, employer, and phone number(s) (“Registration Information”).
Other Information Company Collects
When you visit the Site, Company may collect some information about your visit using cookies (see below), log analysis software and other aggregate tracking technologies. This would include information relating to how you use the Site, including whether you visit certain areas of the Site or whether you click through to a certain page, and may also include technical information including the browser name, the type of computer and other information about the your means of connecting to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
The Site may use “cookies” to enhance a user’s experience. Your web browser places cookies on your hard drive for record-keeping purposes and sometimes to track information about them. You may modify your browser settings to control the collection of cookies. However, if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access some pages or use some of the functions of the Site. Some cookie files remain on your computer’s hard drive unless and until you manually delete the file.
How Company Uses the Information it Collects
Company may use your information, including personally identifiable information, for business purposes including, without limitation, the following:
- To improve the quality of your Site visit and to personalize your Site visit.
- To improve the quality of your Event attendance.
- To send marketing communications, emails, newsletters, and other information that you have requested, opted-in to or otherwise agreed to receive.
Also, Company may use your information, including personally identifiable information, as follows:
- Company may contract with other companies and individuals to perform functions or services on its behalf, such as hosting and maintaining the Site, payment processing, database storage and management, sending email messages and informational newsletters and administering surveys. These service providers may have access to your personally identifiable information, such as your email address, needed to perform their functions, but are restricted from using it for purposes other than providing services for Company. You may also be directed to websites of third parties, including, without limitation, affirm.com. Any information you provide such third parties, or information those third parties are able to collect through your use of their website, shall be governed by such third parties’ privacy policies.
- Company may share any information you submit to Company when Company has your consent to do so, or when Company needs to share the information in order to provide the information or service you requested.
- Company may use your information to monitor how visitors are using our site.
- Company may use your information to contact you regarding a promotion or survey.
- Company may use your information to uncover and diagnose problems with the Site and servers and for day-to-day system administration needs.
- Company may share your Registration Information with sponsors of that Event.
How to Opt-Out
If you want to register for or attend an Event without having your Registration Information shared with Event sponsors, please contact OptOut@MarketWiseAcademy.com prior to the end of an Event.
The information you voluntarily provide Company through use of this Site will be stored on a server located at the offices of a Company service provider. Company follows generally accepted industry standards to protect your personally identifiable information, both during transmission and once Company receives it, including the use of firewalls and other Internet security measures. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, and Company cannot guarantee its absolute security. Accordingly, Company expressly disclaims any such obligation.
Third Party Websites
You may find advertising or other content on the Site that link to the sites and services of Company’s partners, sponsors, suppliers and other third parties. Company does not control the content or links that appear on these sites and is not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from the Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interacting with any other website, including websites which have a link to the Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Notice to California Residents
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information, including, (i) the right to request disclosure of Company’s data collection and sales practices in connection with you, including the categories of personal information Company has collected, and the categories of personal information disclosed or sold to third parties and the categories of third parties to whom such information was disclosed or sold, (ii) the right to request a copy of the specific personal information collected about you during the preceding 12 months (rights (i) and (ii), above, a “Personal Information Request”), (iii) the general right to have such information deleted, subject to certain exceptions, and (iv) the right to request that your personal information not be sold to third parties, and (v) the right not to be discriminated against because you exercise any of the foregoing rights. Note that you may only make a personal information request twice in a 12 month period, that Company will need to collect information about you so that it can verify your identity, and that Company will respond within 45 days of receiving a personal information request. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa. To make a Personal Information Request, visit https://marketwiseacademy.com/contact/ or email Hello@MarketWiseAcademy.com.
Notice to EU Residents
If Company receives information from a resident of the European Union (“EU”), Company will comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). The GDPR provides EU residents with certain rights related to the personal information they have provided to Company or Company has collected through their use of the Site. Specifically, EU residents should be aware of the following:
- Company will not use your data in connection with any automated decision-making process or for any profiling purpose.
- You have the right to request a copy of the personal information Company holds about you.
- You have the right to request that we correct or update your personal information if it is incorrect.
- You have the right to request that Company delete your personal information, if any, from Company
- You have the right to opt out of certain uses of your personal information, including use of that information for direct marketing purposes.
Residents of the EU should make any of the requests described above to Hello@MarketWiseAcademy.com.
Your Acceptance of These Terms